You do not always need chemical based, medicated products or high end skin treatments to get rid of that one stubborn pimple or acne marks; because sometimes even a few simple ingredients you might find in your very own kitchen can come to the rescue!
1. Olive Oil
- This is a great home remedy as olive oil is something many of us have at home! Olive oil is packed with natural antioxidants and promotes healthy skin benefits. It’s not only great for cooking but is amazing when lightening acne scars.
- Lightly massage olive oil onto the affected areas; do this for a few minutes until you can feel all the oil has been absorbed by your skin. Moisten a clean towel or cloth with warm water. Place the warm wet cloth on to your face to get the steam. Next, wipe away the excess oil gently with the cloth, trying not to rub. After 1 to 2 minutes, wash off your face with clean water.
- Aloe Vera
This natural ingredient works wonders for the skin! Not only does it soothe skin inflammation but it also helps in regenerating damaged tissues by speeding up the healing process. To see best results, use fresh gel taken directly from the Aloe Vera plant rather than using over-the-counter products containing Aloe Vera extracts.
Aloe Vera can be applied directly to the affected areas. Leave it on for about half an hour and then wash it off. Apply Aloe Vera gel twice daily to see the results in just a few days. This wonderful ingredient will have your scars diminish in no time, not to mention, leave your skin beaming!
- Potatoes Slices
Potato juice is rich in vitamins as well as minerals; it is great in treating any kind of discoloration of your skin. Potatoes have excellent cosmetic properties that are useful in fading acne and pimple scars.
All you have to do is simply rub a slice of raw potato or apply the potato juice directly on the affected areas of concern. Potatoes are known to lighten marks due to their natural bleaching properties.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is an easy remedy for removing acne scars due to its exfoliating properties. Soda mixed with water can remove the layer of dead skin from your face without causing any inflammation during the application process.
Take 2 to 3 teaspoons of baking soda and 2 teaspoons of water and mix together well until it forms a thick paste. Apply the paste on the affected area and massage it in a circular motion. Leave it for 3 minutes and then wash your face with cool water.
- Egg Whites
Egg whites are another effective ingredient in treating acne scarring. Eggs contain a great amount of protein and will help tighten the pores, reduce new breakouts while lightening scarred skin.
- Directions:Apply egg whites on the scars using a cotton ball and leave them on overnight to get the best results. If you don’t want to leave it on your face overnight, then apply egg whites to areas of concern and let it dry on the skin for a few minutes. Afterwards wash your face with lukewarm water. Repeat two to three times a week.
- Turmeric Powder
Turmeric has numerous beneficial properties such as its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components which help to cure acne and pimple scars.
- Directions:The easiest way to use this ingredient is to mix it with water to form a paste. Once you have made the paste, apply it directly on affected areas. Leave it on until the paste dries, and then wash it off with water. Repeat this remedy daily for best results.
- Raw Tomato Slices
Rubbing tomato slices on scars is also found to be effective in reducing the appearance of the marks or scars. Tomatoes are packed with vitamin A and Carotenes, which not only provide the red color but are also antioxidant compounds that can heal damaged tissues and promote the healthy regrowth of cells.
- Directions:Take a ripe red tomato and cut it into pieces. Then crush the pieces to make a pulp of the tomato and apply the tomato pulp on your face and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Lastly, wash your face. You can repeat this routine daily for a week or two.
- And there you have it; banish those scars away!
- Stay natural, stay beautiful!