A great organic lip balm is all you need to keep your lips hydrated and plump these winters. Organic lip balms are easy to make and a natural alternative to drugstore or high end lip care products. They feel great on your lips without any artificial ingredients and preservatives. Check out these nourishing non-toxic lip balm recipes below!
Organic Lip Balm 1:
- 1/4 cup of beeswax
- 3 table spoons organic Shea butter
- 2 table spoons essential oil (peppermint)
- 2 table spoons organic safflower oil
- Heat up the Beeswax, Shea butter and Safflower oil in a microwave, until they turn into a liquid.
- Once melted, mix in a few drops of the essential Peppermint oil, and some food coloring (if you want). Make sure you do this quickly, because the liquid will cool very quickly.
- Pour all of this into a small empty balm container and let cool. Apply it on your lips and say bye bye to dry lips these winters!
Organic Lip Balm 2:
- Heat coconut oil, beeswax and olive oil together in a double boiler over low heat.
- Melt oils and wax together.
- Mix mixture well and pour into storage container. You can use round tins for coconut oil lip balm.
- Let cool before using.
Organic Lip Balm: 3
- petroleum jelly
- food coloring
- preferred juice or extract
- Take a scoop or two of petroleum jelly and put it in a microwave bowl.
- To this add some juice, extracts (e.g. Vanilla extracts) of any preferred flavor (e.g. Cocoa). You could even squeeze in some fresh strawberries, an orange or opt for some rose extract and blend it well with the jelly.
- Add some food color if you prefer to give your lip balm a color.
- Heat this mixture for less than a minute and put it in a tin container a lip balm pot and allow to cool. You can apply this on the lips as and when required.
Licking your lips causes them to become drier! Try increasing your water intake to ensure your lips stay well hydrated during the winter season.
Stay natural, stay beautiful!